- Prekindergarten Expulsion Linked to High Student-Teacher Ratios, Extended-Day Programs, and Teacher Job Stress
- Improving Early Child Care and Education
- An Evaluation of the Implementation of Gorgia's Pre-K Program: Report of the Findings from the Georgia Early Childhood Study (2002-03)
- The Abbott Preschool Program Longitudinal Effects Study
- The Impact of Teacher Education on Outcomes in Center-Based Early Childhood Education Programs: A Meta-analysis
- Better Teachers, Better Preschools: Student Achievement Linked to Teacher Qualifications
- Early Education Quality: Higher Teacher Qualifications for Better Learning Environments - A Review of the Literature
- Can A College Degree Help Preschoolers Learn?
- Read an article from Education Week on the Pre-K topic (requires registration and login)
- Surplus funds from the state program should be used to enroll more kids make pre-K better
- Pre-K Programs Valuable
- Governor joins call for certified pre-K teachers
- Letter to the Tampa Tribune
- Professionalize the ranks of pre-K teachers
- Space Coast families have much at stake in ramping up state program
- Brain Development and Music
- Achievement Gap
- Interested in helping young children understand the Election Process in Your Program?
SECA has a curriculum module Raising Responsible Americans.
- Working With Difficult Children
Simple changes in the classroom result in better behavior.
- Preschoolers Expelled From School
Read some Solutions from FLAEYC Joural Children Our Concern: Working with Difficult Children. FLAEYC continues to provide guidance and solutions to childcare professionals working with our young children.
- Teaching Tools for Young Children with Challenging Behavior
Offers teachers guidance on how to support children with challenging behavior within preschool routines.
Department of Child & Family Studies
Florida Mental Health Institute
University of South Florida Tampa (813) 974-1455